Duration: 3 years
100% French or 100% English
Next available session: January 2021
The "Pastry & Business" Bachelor's degree is designed to train qualifed entrepreneurs in the pastry sector. It draws on the strengths of the Galileo Global Education Group, which includes many renowned schools in the domains of management, marketing, creative arts and communication.
This innovative program is unique: its curriculum includes an in-depth knowledge of high-quality pastry production as well as a solid foundation in nutrition and dietary balance, with an accent on business and management.
This program also raises students' awareness of sustainable development subjects: organic products, energy and waste management, short supply chains, fair trade, etc. Furthermore, students are encouraged to take a full-cycle approach: during the idea conception phase of their pastry selections, they will also have to plan how to provide a high quality service, considering customer information, promotional materials (flyers, iconography, packaging, etc.), new recipe tastings, ongoing communication with customers, etc.
Renowned pastry professionals regularly participating in master-classes and as exam juries, allowing our students to be in guided by the industry’s fnest. Students will also be required to complete a 5-month internship each year, aimed at providing them with insight and practical knowledge, easing their professional transition.
The strengths of the training
- Location in a city known for its gastronomy and the quality of its local products
- High-end facilities: 16 students maximum per lab, ergonomic work stations facilitating exchanges between students and chef-instructors, state-of-the-art equipment and high-quality ingredients
- Intensive training: 7 hours of classes per day in the lab
- Motivated and acclaimed teaching staff
- Cross-curricular teaching (management, design, marketing, dietetics, hygiene) allowing students to become independent professionals
- Work placement in a company
- Intensive practical laboratory training (300h/year)
- Marketing / Management (in partnership with ESG business schools): to forge and sharpen your entrepreneurial skills
- Nutrition and health: to target the nutritional balance of culinary creations
- Biochemistry: to know and identify the properties of a food and keep all its flavor
- Culinary design (in partnership with LISAA school of design): for the ultimate search for visual and taste beauty
- Digital training (in partnership with Digital Campus): to master social networks and improve the projection capacity of the taste experience
- History of gastronomy: for the transmission of the French culinary tradition
- Design / styling: for monitoring trends and highlighting products
- Foreign languages: for the international ambitions of the artisans of tomorrow
- Soft skills (in partnership with Cours Florent): to enrich students' relational skills
- Company internships (280h/year)
Theoretical and practical knowledge
- Choux pastry: eclairs, religieuse cream puffs, Saint Honoré, Paris-Brest, Salombo, etc.
- Traditional and modern pies: shortcrust pastry, sweet shortcrust pastry, sweet pastry, apple pie, pear tart, lemon tart, chocolate pie, etc.
- Puff pastry: turning methods, millefeuille, savoury pancakes, apple turnovers, savoury petit fours, etc.
- Traditional and modern desserts and small cakes: charlotte, opera, black forest, strawberry cream cake, etc.
- Petit fours and cakes: biscuits, madeleines, financiers, macarons, lemon cakes, etc.
- Pastries: croissants, couques, brioches, babas, navette biscuits, etc.
- Introduction to chocolate making: tempering, decorating, etc.
- Introduction to ice-cream making: mixing, churning, etc.
- Introduction to bread making: speciality breads, flavoured breads, traditional breads, etc.
Our teaching team
This program is open to candidates with strong motivation and to people with previous work experience (job seekers, those changing careers...).
An application request must be made through the website. Within the next 48 hours, the candidate will receive an invitation for an interview, either in person or via video-conference. This enables the candidate’s motivation and level of English to be evaluated. Basic knowledge of French is necessary for the course. The candidate will be informed of the outcome in the days following the interview.
€9,900 per annum
A registration form will be sent to successful applicants. This must be completed and returned to Institut Culinaire de France along with the requested documents within 30 days.
Once your enrollment has been confirmed, you will receive an enrollment confirmation letter. This document is necessary to request your visa from the French consulate in your country. According to French law, any stay of a duration exceeding 90 days requires a long-term visa. However, for some nationalities, a visa may be required for any length of stay. This procedure might take a considerable amount of time. As such, we advise students to start their visa application upon receipt of their acceptance letter.