Duration: 2 months
100% French or 100% English
Date: From July 2022
Institut Culinaire de France offers a 2-month intensive course during the summer. It revolves around 4 specialities: pastry, bakery, chocolate and ice-cream. During these 2 months, participants are in complete professional immersion with 7 hours a day in the laboratory.
Kyung-Ran Baccon, Executive Pastry Chef at Institut Culinaire de France and World Pastry Championship silver-medallist, and Pierre Hermé, Chairman of the Education Committee, have put together an intensive programme covering the best French techniques for classical and modern confectionery arts in pastry, bakery, chocolate and ice-cream. Participants will use premium products exclusively.
The course can be followed in French or English, translated live by an interpreter present in the room.
Participants receive a school certificate at the end of the course.
Pace of study
280hrs of practical work / 35hrs a week.
- Multidisciplinary training: students master the techniques of pastry making, baking, chocolate making, confectionery, ice-cream making
- High-end facilities: 16 students maximum per lab, ergonomic work stations facilitating exchanges between students and chef-instructors, state-of-the-art equipment and high-quality ingredients
- Intensive training: 7 hours of classes per day in the lab
- Motivated and acclaimed teaching staff
- Cross-curricular teaching (design, quality process, hygiene) enabling students to become experienced and autonomous professionals of their time
- Programme created with Pierre Hermé, President of the Institut Culinaire de France Teaching Committee
Our teaching team
This programme is for candidates over 18 years of age holding a high school diploma or equivalent.
An application request must be made through the website. Within the next 48 hours, the candidate will receive an invitation for an interview, either in person or via video-conference. This enables the candidate’s motivation to be evaluated. The candidate will be informed of the outcome in the days following the interview.
A registration form will be sent to successful applicants. This must be completed and returned to Institut Culinaire de France along with the requested documents within 30 days.